Health in Mind celebrate about 40 years
19 July 2022
In July 1982, the Edinburgh Association for Mental Health registered as a charity – 40 years ago this month. The drive to establish the organisation was led by a small group of dedicated people who saw a need for there to be greater diversity in community mental health services, that were tailored to the needs of the community.
So what’s happened since then? Here’s 40 years of Health in Mind in numbers.
- 4,000 people supported in 2021-2022
- 1,600+ people supported by the In Care Survivors Alliance
- 822 staff over the years
- 150 volunteers in 2021-2022
- 29 – the number of years our longest staff member has been with us
- 5 values: respect, compassion, integrity, realising potential, and inclusion
- 4 logos over the years
- 3 pillars of approach: person-centred, trauma-informed, strengths-based
- 2 – the number of weeks our newest staff members has been with us
- 1 purpose
Health in Mind strive for people in Scotland to live in a supportive and resilient community where mental health is understood and people lead fulfilling lives.