The Scottish Government’s ‘Clear Your Head’ campaign highlights the practical things people can do to help them feel better whilst continuing to stay at home, acknowledging these are worrying and uncertain times for many.
Simple steps to taking better care of our mental health and wellbeing over the coming weeks include:
- Keeping to a routine – trying to sleep and wake at the same time, and eating at regular times.
- Moving more – staying active, within the current guidance, to boost your mood.
- Taking a break – limiting exposure to the news on social media if you feel things are getting on top of you, instead of using fun games, quizzes and apps online to pass the time.
- Making time for yourself – simply taking a breather or doing something you enjoy.
- Keeping in touch – phoning family and friends to ease worry and feel connected
To learn more about the Clear Your Head campaign, go to clearyourhead.scot
For online resources and mental health and wellbeing service updates in East Lothian, go to our Covid-19 Service Updates page