Care & Repair East Lothian
Care and Repair provide practical services to help people repair, improve or adapt their homes.
A range of help is available for people aged 60 or over, or people aged 50 and over who are disabled, so that they may remain in their own homes in comfort and independence for as long as possible.
Small Repairs have no charge for labour but there may be a small charge for any materials used. Typical jobs include:
- fitting handles or handrails, or bath or shower aids
- fitting draught excluders
- fitting locks and security items
- small window or door repairs
Home Improvement / Adaptations are for large or small changes to your home to make life easier for you. This can include:
- providing advice about the type of repair, improvement or adaptation your home needs
- advising whether you may be able to receive a grant for the work, and help for you to apply
- helping you to organise building work and dealing with architects and builders on your behalf
How To Get In Touch
Intended Client Groups:
- Older People
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People aged 60 and over, or people who are disabled and aged 50 and over, living in East Lothian
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Provider's Address
18-20 Market Street
Monday to Thursday 9.00 am to 4.30 pm
Fridays 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
Provider's Name: Care and Repair
Care and Repair offers advice and assistance to enable people to repair, improve or adapt their homes. Services are available to home owners and private tenants aged over 60 or registered disabled and aged over 50.