Gateway to Recovery
You can drop in and access a range of services including:
- specialist prescribing (drug and alcohol)
- detox services
- access to residential rehabilitation services
- drug and alcohol counselling, information and advice
- blood Borne Virus screening, immunisation and advice
- psychological interventions (individual therapy and group work)
- relapse prevention advice and support with recovery
- practical support for housing and financial issues
- support to access training and/or employment
- ear acupuncture
- joint working with other services
- carer, referrer and family support/ parenting advice
- coping skills and SMART* Recovery groups.
You can drop into any Gateway clinic within the times listed.
- Mondays 10.00 am – 1.00 pm at Roodlands Hospital Outpatients Department, Hospital Road, Haddington
- Tuesdays 11.00 am – 4.00 pm at Midlothian Substance Misuse Service, Glenesk Centre, 1/5 Duke Street, Dalkeith
- Thursdays 11.00 am – 4.00 pm at East Lothian Substance Misuse Service, The Esk Centre, Ladywell Way, Musselburgh
- Fridays 9.30 am – 12.30 pm at Eastfield Health Centre, Loganlea Centre,Eastfield Farm Road,Penicuik
You can self refer to Gateway Clinic and drop in at any of the times above. When you arrive, an initial assessment of your needs will be carried out to develop a recovery plan with you. Individuals will be seen on a first come, first seen basis, and it is important that you attend sober/ straight enough to be assessed. Please note that no prescription will be given at this first appointment.
You will then be referred on to an appropriate service, where you will be allocated a worker who will work with you to provide ongoing support. This worker will link you to other services that you can use, ensure there are regular reviews to assess your progress and support your motivation to achieve recovery.
Intended Client Groups:
- Drug and Alcohol Users
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People affected by drug and alcohol misuse
This service accepts direct self referrals.
-Monday 10.00 am – 1.00 pm Haddington Tuesday 11.00 am – 4.00 pm Dalkeith Thursday 11.00 am – 4.00 pm Musselburgh Friday 9.30 am – 12.30 pm Penicuik-
Tel: 0131 446 4853