Occupational Therapy Service
Occupational therapy enables people to achieve as much as they can for themselves and get the most out of life.
The service consists of Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants who deliver a range of individual and group therapies to people with moderate to severe mental health problems.
The team will work with people to build their confidence, skills and techniques, to improve their independence in everyday activities which are important to them.
These might include:
- Looking after themselves, for example getting up in the morning, shopping, health eating and cooking
- Looking after the house
- Choosing what to do each day
- Finding out about hobbies and interests
- Building your confidence and coping skills
- Training for work
- Finding a paid or voluntary job
- Solving problems
- Planning for the future
The type of groups run include:
- Creative groups
- Woodwork groups
- Cooking groups
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Adults living in East Lothian, aged 18-65
You must be referred by your GP
This service is available by appointment only.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Community Mental Health Team
Monday - Friday 8.30 am - 5.00 pm
Tel: 0131 536 8597
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- Wheelchair Access
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.