Who is this for?
- People aged 50 years old and over
Who provides this?
- East Lothian Council
- NHS Lothian
The Ageing Well project promotes healthy lifestyles for people over 50 in East Lothian. The Ageing Well project aims to maintain and promote physical and mental health, wellbeing and quality of life for people over 50 in East Lothian through a list of activities.
- Seated aerobics
- Tai Chi Qi Gong & wellbeing class
- Mindfulness for better health
- Extend by Carmen
- Simple yoga
- Senior mo(ve)ments (simple dance exercise)
- Love to move
- Seated pilates
- The Warblers, singing for lung health
- Zumba gold class
- Walk & talk
- Nordic walking
- Health and wellbeing walks
- New age kurling
- Spine opening pilates
- Sporting memories
- Over 50’s table tennis
- Yoga for everyone – relaxed & slow yoga
- Yoga for everyone Zoom
- Gentle exercise for seniors
- Walking football
Some ways Ageing Well can help are:
- Set up new activities where there is a demand or a gap
- Help signpost you to activities in your area
- Help you stay healthy and active for longer
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
Is there a cost?
Depends on the activity. See the activity list to the right for more details.
Is there a waiting list?
- Public parking available
- Wheelchair access
Depends on the activity. See the activity list to the right for more details on class times.