Who is this for?
- Bereaved parents and grandparents, who have experienced the death of a baby or infant
Who provides this?
- Held in Our Hearts
Held in Our Hearts offers a befriending service for bereaved parents and grandparents, who have experienced the death of a baby or infant.
Befrienders are bereaved parents, who have voluntarily completed a training course and are qualified to support you. They will be at least a year bereaved and feel they are in a place to provide compassionate and flexible support. Held in our Hearts will allocate a befriender who has had a similar experience to you. Befrienders can meet you in person and are also available to chat by phone, email and through a closed Facebook group.
Befriending can be offered on a one-to-one basis or in a group. Groups include:
- general bereavement support
- support for dads and grandparents
- twin and multiple loss support groups
- miscarriage support (run by The Miscarriage Association)
- Antenatal Results and Choices (ARC) support for families
- subsequent pregnancy support
- baby and toddler coffee mornings
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
- Service is appointment only
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Public parking available
- Private parking available
- Wheelchair access
- Deaf interpreter can be booked if needed
|Monday||10.00 am – 4.00 pm|
|Tuesday||10.00 am – 4.00 pm|
|Wednesday||10.00 am – 4.00 pm|
|Thursday||10.00 am – 4.00 pm|
|Friday||10.00 am – 4.00 pm|
Held in Our Hearts leaflet
(760.65 KB pdf)