Who is this for?
- Anyone aged 17 years and 9 months old and over
Who provides this?
- East Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership (ELHSCP)
If you are feeling anxious, depressed or have other worries about your mental health, you can call the CWIC mental health service.
When you call, an experienced worker will take your details and make an appointment for you to speak to a Mental Health Occupational Therapist or Nurses, who will ring you back at a time that is convenient for you within the next 36 hours.
The practitioner will assess you over the phone, and provide help and support and sometimes a referral on to other services.
This service is not designed for:
- people already being seen regularly by a Community Mental Health Nurse in the Community Mental Health Team
- people who are experiencing a mental health emergency — in this case, please phone your GP or see our Get Help Now page for emergency support.
Information for professionals
If you are a GP or Health Care professional who wants to speak directly to the Collaborative Working for Immediate Care (CWIC) Primary Care Mental Health Coordinator or want to find out more about the service, please call 01620 642 948. You can’t make appointments on this line.
How do I access this?
- Service is appointment only
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Public parking available
- Wheelchair access
- Translation service available
|Monday||9.00 am – 4.00 pm|
|Tuesday||9.00 am – 4.00 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am – 4.00 pm|
|Thursday||9.00 am – 4.00 pm|
|Friday||9.00 am – 4.00 pm|