Who is this for?
- Adults aged 18 years old and over and experiencing difficulties related to alcohol and/or drug use
Who provides this?
- NHS Lothian
- Midlothian and East Lothian Drug and Alcohol Partnership (MELDAP)
- East Lothian Integrated Joint Board
East Lothian Substance Use Service is a multidisciplinary nurse-led community-based service provided in partnership between NHS Lothian, MELDAP and East Lothian Integrated Joint Board.
Based in Musselburgh the service specialises in the assessment, care and treatment of people experiencing a range of difficulties related to alcohol and/or drug use with interventions delivered by Mental Health Nurses experienced in substance use. Nursing staff are supported by:
- Consultant Psychiatrists
- Clinical Psychology
- Social Work
- Occupational Therapy
- Third sector colleagues (MELD, Circle Scotland)
This service offers:
- comprehensive assessment
- medication-assisted treatment (Methadone, Buprenorphine – SL, Wafer and monthly injection)
- bloodborne virus testing and treatment
- advice and support to individuals and their families
- peer support
- psychological therapies
- community detoxification (alcohol and benzodiazepines)
- referral for inpatient detoxification (alcohol)
- assessment and referral for residential rehabilitation
- harm reduction techniques and relapse prevention strategies
- support to access voluntary work/employment/training
- practical support for housing and financial issues
- referral to and joint working with other specialist agencies
- injecting equipment provision
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Public parking available
- Wheelchair access
- Translation service available
- Information in community languages
|Monday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Tuesday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Wednesday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Thursday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|
|Friday||9.00 am – 4.30 pm|