Who is this for?
- Unpaid carers aged 18 years old and over
Who provides this?
- Carers of East Lothian (CoEL)
Carers of East Lothian (CoEL) supports unpaid carers to access information and services to make their caring role more sustainable and to enhance their health and wellbeing.
The team of carer support workers can:
- Provide you with information relevant to your caring situation
- Help you to navigate the health and social care system or education system if you are caring for a child with additional support needs
- Talk to you in confidence, offering a listening ear, emotional support and access to a specialist counselling service for carers
- Help you to identify and apply for welfare benefits, grants and other financial support that you or the person you care for may be entitled to
- Help you to access a break from caring and to create a support plan that identifies your needs an a carer (Adult Carer Support Plan)
There are mental health carer support workers and parent/carer support workers in the team.
How do I access this?
- Referrals by third parties
Is there a cost?
Is there a waiting list?
- Public parking available
- Wheelchair access
- Translation service available
Phone line is open Monday to Friday, 10.00 am to 4.00 pm. Office visits are by appointment only at present as the team are still partly working from home. Some events and groups operate outside these hours.
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/ewanm3.sg-host.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mw-space/single-services.php on line 476